Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Lifeless

ANTO COMETA

Just a couple of bottles to remove the inhibitions and to start the release of the angst …

Didn’t you notice for sometime now that the things that we’ve been doing are things that do not stir the commitment we have given to each other? The way I look at it, the way I feel it, it’s becoming a motionless relationship, the type that nears stagnation which would eventually be inert. I just don’t feel you anymore.

Are we drawn to actions that are routinary, those that are performed because we have been accustomed to? Those things which are done because they are deemed as basic requirements for this relationship to go on, without those, this commitment of ours would not be different from the others that I have – with my family, with my friends. If those things were removed, I don’t think that this relationship would be even called as the way it is defined.

Perhaps the ways that we look at a lot of things are very different. Obviously, those are. I’m trying to understand, I try to compromise, settle with what you give, settle with what you do. But give me something to believe, something concrete to hold on to because I’m on the brink of loosing my grip.

Am I asking too much?

No comments: