Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cut Me Some Labor Slack

ANTO COMETA

Just after I was discharged from the hospital I finished my thirteen-page (nice number isn’t it?) policy paper for my Labor Law II class (IR 207.2 – Labor Standards, Justice and Equity). It dealt with some provisions from the Philippine Labor Code as well as the country’s Constitution that need to be modified and reinforced in order to address some issues that the labor sector specifically the women workforce is currently facing. To be quite honest about it, I’m not that pleased with the output. It was rushed since it was already due and I still have to review for my final exam for that same course. Luckily, I already finished all the requirements from my other class before I was hospitalized and that’s the remaining class that I have to deal with. Anyway, I already took my final exam and just right after I forwarded my test paper to my lawyer professor - Fiscal Gerardo Sadsad I just realized that it was the end of my semester. It was indeed tedious yet exultant semester for me.

My semester has ended, and I’m getting my diploma in Industrial Relations. One more semester to go and I’ll be doing my master’s thesis which until now still undecided on the topic that I’ll be covering. For now, I’ll have a couple of weeks off from doing SOLAIR stuff. Well, not totally. I still have a planning session to attend to with the student council.

I miss writing IR-related stuff, I guess after this entry I’ll post one.


No comments: