Saturday, June 16, 2007

Uncertainty

ANTO COMETA

The title of the entry may sound profound or reflective, however, it’s not. Well, perhaps at some point it is since I was the one who wrote the content, but the rationale behind is more of a favor (or trade) rather than an insightful topic.

My sister has been pestering me for days about writing a one-page paper for her class, that’s the last requirement that she has to pass in order to complete the subject. I always tell her that I’m quite busy with a lot of work related matter, besides that’s her school requirement not mine. I’m done with those things years ago. Every night when I come home, she would always ask me if I have done the paper that she was requesting, I said no. It was a Thursday night or should I say Friday morning when I was on the dining table about to finish some work related stuff when she for the nth time approached me and asked if I was done with what I’m doing, that was about 1:00 in the morning.

At that point, she was not asking anymore, she was begging me to do it. I didn’t know that the deadline of the paper that she was asking me to write was that day, which was approximately 9 hours from the time I finished the stuff that I was doing. She just gave me a general idea on what I should write; a ship sailing in the sea while the sun is setting as a representation of her life or something like that.

Before I agreed to it, I told her that there should be something in return. Of course I have to be compensated at the least for the work that I would be doing. It’s apparent in business and economics even in alchemy, the law of equivalent trade.

At first she was quite hesitant of accepting the deal; I could foretell that she was thinking that the barter might be too costly. At any rate, she couldn’t say no since it’s only a few hours away before the deadline. After several minutes of stalling she agreed to the deal and asked me as to what would be the trade, my answer… two sticks of cigs.


Uncertainty

A lonely vessel traveling the vastness of the sea while the sun sets. It’s tiring and at some point a bit distressing to think that you are in the midst of nowhere, where the probability of getting lost is quite high and God knows where you might be unearthed.

My life has been in great turmoil since I realized that reality has been pounding me, and those which I deem as happy moments seized to exist and are just make-believe visions of my childhood.

I have encountered a lot (as in a whole lot) of difficulties such as family related problems, school troubles and personal dilemmas. Even until now, I am still encountering those but this time I have learned how to handle those problems. These difficulties that I have experienced equipped me with skills and awareness in which I strongly assert could only be gained by undergoing such. All through the years of experiencing these hardships, I guess it’s adequate to analogize that my life is like a ship or a vessel traveling the enormity of the sea of my existence, which is most of the time very unpredictable, you’ll never know what you might encounter.

I almost gave up on every fall that I suffered, I could not even keep track as to how many those falls were, all I know is that every failure and disappointment that I had, made me more human and much more tougher. It’s a realization that at the end of the day, every fall you endured makes you more dedicated to do things the right way.

The journey would definitely stop, it might be uncertain while at the course of the travel but when you’re nearing towards the end, catching sight of your destination, you would realize that it doesn’t matter how long you have traveled or the hardships that you have endured throughout the voyage. What counts is that you’re still on the course and nearing towards the destination. Actually, I can’t really say that once I have reached a certain goal, my journey has ended, just like any other vessel particularly those commercial ones, their journey doesn’t stop once they’ve reached their travel destination, after their stop, they would sail again and once more travel the waters of uncertainty toward their next destination.

No comments: